As a research participant, the answers you give remain private.
Your advice and assistance
As market research depends upon the willing co-operation of the public and the business community to participate, market research is required to be carried out honestly, objectively and without unwelcome intrusion or disadvantage to respondents.
Collecting information, not selling
The purpose of market research is to collect and analyse information and not to directly sell or promote goods or services, influence respondents’ opinions or engage in other non-research activities.
Code of Professional Behaviour
It is in this spirit that the Research Society’s Code of Professional Behaviour has been devised. Derham Insights Research expressly adheres to the this Code and to all relevant laws of the Australian Commonwealth and States.
The Code Is based on these key fundamentals for market, social and organisational research:
1. Researchers must conform to all relevant state, national and international laws.
2. Researchers must behave ethically and must not do anything which might damage the reputation of market, social and organisational research.
3. Researchers must take special care when carrying out research among children and young people and other vulnerable groups in the community.
4. Participants’ cooperation is voluntary and must be based on adequate, and not misleading, information about the general purpose and nature of the project when their agreement to participate is being obtained and all such statements must be honoured.
5. The rights of participants as private individuals must be respected by researchers and they must not be harmed or adversely affected as a result of cooperating in a research project.
6. Participants’ identifiable research information must not, without their consent, be revealed to anyone not directly involved in the research project and not be used for any non ‐research activity directed to individual participants.
7. Researchers must ensure that projects and activities are designed, carried out, reported and documented accurately, transparently and objectively.
8. Researchers must conform to accepted principles of fair competition.
The full Code of Professional Behaviour can be obtained from the Research Society’s website – https://researchsociety.com.au/documents/item/2796
If you have any queries, please contact Philip Derham. His contact details are E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: (+61) 0414 543 765.